by Mrs. Carlene Anderson & 3rd Grade Students (2011-2014), School #12 - Paterson, New Jersey USA

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Badr - My Heritage Matters!


Badr - My Heritage Matters! from Fast Track Video on Vimeo.

Everyone should be proud of their heritage. I am certainly proud of my heritage because I am half Moroccan and half Jordanian. These cultures are very different from the American culture. We eat different kinds of food. For example, we eat mencif, hummus, couscous, and kebab. We also have different costumes like a Abaya and Jallaba. These are things you use whenever you pray. Also, we have two important holidays. They are Eid Al Adha and Eid Al Fitr. Before Eid, we have to fast for one month and then we have a celebration. It is like a carnival because there are a lot of rides and we visit with our family. I will never forget my heritage because my heritage is amazing! I love being myself. This is the Jordanian flag, and I like the way it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment